The Institute for Materials Research (IMR) is the gateway to materials-allied research at The Ohio State University.
IMR is a campus-wide, multidisciplinary institute that works with OSU colleges and departments to augment and synergistically advance their goals. IMR facilitates, promotes and coordinates research activities and infrastructure related to the science and engineering of materials throughout The Ohio State University.
The Ohio State University Institute for Materials Research (IMR) provides vision, coordination and support to advance multi-college excellence and impact in materials-allied research.
- To nurture, grow and support excellence in materials research at OSU;
- assist the advancement of reserach team development;
- provide strategic planning, resources, infrastructure, and educational/outreach activities
IMR Supports Ohio State’s materials community through:
- Strategic leadership
- Intercollege coordination
- Multi-university relations
- Management of major research facilities
- Seed funding and facility access funding
- Promotion of industry partnerships
- Infrastructure support and development
- Development and administration of major research programs and centers
- Scientific educational programs and annual conference
- Faculty recruitment
Connect with IMR on social media