Spring 2016 IMR Facility Grants Awards
Five new research projects were awarded by the IMR for a total investment of $10,000 in nascent materials research. The five projects support eight researchers from four different departments within the College of Engineering and College of Arts and Sciences.
This seed funding will begin July 1, 2016. Congratulations to the research teams awarded IMR Facility Grants in this last round of competitive funding!
- Developing Nonlinear MEMS, Hanna Cho, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- A Correlative Study of the Skyrmion Phase Diagram for FeGe Thin Films, Sarah Dunsiger, Physics and Center for Emergent Materials; Co-Investigator: Robert Williams, Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis
- Atomic Scale Chemical Ordering and Structural Distortion in High Entropy Alloys, Maryam Ghazisaeidi, Materials Science and Engineering; Co-Investigator: Jinwoo Hwang, Materials Science and Engineering
- Quantifying cell-matrix remodeling during angiogenesis in a microfluidic vessel bifurcation system, Jonathan Song, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering; Co-Investigator: Shaurya Prakash, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Selective Electrohydrodynamic Deposition (SED) for Creating 3D Hybrid Microstructures, Yi Zhao, Biomedical Engineering