Join the best and the brightest Buckeyes for an INNOVATE-O-thon externship; an innovation immersion with a key Columbus initiative!
DriveOhio is the state’s one-stop shop for autonomous and connected mobility. Your team will help shape DriveOhio’s technology strategy by identifying value propositions and building business cases for deployment of autonomous vehicles at OSU.
Our externship program welcomes students from all majors to participate in innovation workshops to solve problems, work with DriveOhio, and compete against fellow students
Limited seats available, so sign-up today!
- Valuable resume experience in just a couple days
- Food will be provided for the duration of the challenge
- Engage with new innovation of autonomous vehicle use cases and ideation exercises
- First and second place teams will receive GIFT CARDS
- Friday, November 9th 5pm – 8pm: Challenge presented by DriveOhio and initial research session
- Saturday, November 10th 9am – 5pm: Concept selection and development (*Students are free to come and go. Required ~15 min report out on finalized concept to facilitators.)
- Sunday, November 11th 9am – 3pm: Finalization of Idea, presentation, and awards ceremony
The Materials Innovation Lab is located in Room 218 at 1381 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS
If you have any questions, you can contact Kari Roth (email@example.com).
- What is an INNOVATE-O-thon?
An INNOVATE-O-thon gives undergraduate students from all majors a chance to get real-world experience and connections through the development of a unique product with a specific purpose. Each INNOVATE-O-thon has a particular “theme” that is chosen by the industry partners of the event and gives students the idea of the function of the product they create. At the end of the event, students are able to pitch the idea to the industry partners and receive feedback.
- What is an externship?
An externship is a unique type of internship defined as on-campus partnership between students, the university, and potential employers that formally integrates students’ academic study with work, which is typically of less than a week in duration.
- Who can participate?
All majors and grade levels are encouraged to participate in the INNOVATE-O-thon.