The Institute for Materials Research manages a variety of programs to support materials-allied research at The Ohio State University. These programs include several mechanisms for direct funding support to Ohio State researchers, and the assignment of highly skilled IMR Members of Technical Staff in major research facilities on campus.
IMR Funding Programs
- OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program – new in 2011, an enhanced program with 3 funding tiers to seed excellence in materials research
- Kickstart Facility Grants – $2,500 grants to assist Ohio State faculty with facility user access fees and related minor charges
- Industry Challenge Grants – $20,000 grants to strengthen new collaborations between OSU researchers and private industry partners
- Members of Technical Staff – IMR employees assigned to select research facilities
- Interdisciplinary Materials Research Grants (IMRG) – historical information about IMR’s previous seed grant program, ended in 2011