Location: Science Village, 1381 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212
Contact: Dr. Robert J. Davis, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-292-7309
Open to both academic and industrial users, the state-of-the-art facilities of the Ohio State Nanotech West Laboratory include a 6,000 square foot class 100 cleanroom specializing in micro- and nanoscale fabrication and material synthesis with a full-flow 100mm wafer process capability. It also includes a 5,000 square foot Biohybrid Laboratory and approximately 3,000 square feet of other laboratory space.
Primary capabilities of Nanotech West include a Leica electron beam lithography system capable of patterning structures less than ~20nm at 20/50/100kV; a Picosun atomic layer deposition (ALD) tool; a GCA 6100 I-line stepper; and an Aixtron 3×2” metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) system for In/Al/Ga/As/P/Sb growth. Nanotech West is currently home to one major research center, an NSF Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center, and has been the center of activities of two Ohio Third Frontier Wright Centers, namely, the Wright Center for Photovoltaics Innovation and Commercialization (PVIC) and the Wright Center for Multifunctional Polymer Nanomaterials and Devices (CMPND). An award for a new major $2.54M (/3 years) Third Frontier Center, the Ohio Sensor and Semiconductor Innovation Platform (OSSIP), was announced in June 2013 and will promote high-tech job creation in industry in Ohio.
Nanotech West is the primary IMR location on the OSU West Campus and is a centerpiece for collaborative research in the OSU materials research community.
- Electron beam lithography [Vistec® EBPG-5000]
- Metalorganic chemical vapor deposition [Aixtron/Swan® 3˝x 2˝]
- Atomic layer deposition [Picosun® SunALE R-150B]
- Field-emission scanning electron microscopy [Carl Zeiss® Ultra 55 Plus]
- ICP-RIE, inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching [Plasma-Therm® SLR 770] and several other plasma etch tools
- Wafer bonding and micro– and nanoimprint lithography [EVG 520HE]
- I-V, C-V, L-I-V, microfluidic, and solar device testing
- Atomic force microscopy [Veeco® 3100, NanoInk®, Asylum® BioAFM]
- Full Biohybrid Lab
- Full-flow 100mm process capability including photolithography, wet/dry etching, deposition, oxidation, metrology
- 6,000 square foot class 100 cleanroom