Location: 250 Biomedical Research Tower
Contact Person: Dr. Arpad Somogyi firstname.lastname@example.org
The mandate of the Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility is to provide state-of-the-art instrumentation in all areas of mass spectrometry and proteomics for the surrounding research community. The nature of our laboratory allows for both routine analyses for faculty who cannot afford nor desire the purchase of their own mass spectrometry instrumentation and provides collaborative research requiring advanced experiments by working closely between faculty, students and staff. The MS&P Facility at OSU maintains a well-equipped and well supported laboratory for mass spectrometric analysis. The services offered include accurate mass analyses of small organic molecules, LC-MS of small molecules, polymer analysis, analysis of synthetic peptides and oligonucleotides. We also have considerable experience in the field of proteomics including protein identification, protein purification post-translational modification analysis, iTRAQ, and differential gel electrophoresis (DIGE).
- Bruker ultrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF/TOF MS with Proteineer fc II for LC-MALDI and ImagePrep for Tissue imaging sample preparation – 2 KHz speed TOF and smartbean-II laser for ultra-high data acquisition in both MS and MS/MS mode. Workflows include tissue imaging, intact protein, LC-MALDI and auto MS/MS.
- Bruker maXis Electrospray Ionization Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer – Ultra-High- Resolution Exact Mass and True Isotopic Measurements in both, MS and MS/MS mode with a Dionex U3000 RSLC system.
- Bruker amaZon ETD – Ultra performance, high sensitive proteomics ion trap with dual funnel ion guide and advanced ETD / PTR capabilities (Electron Transfer Dissociation and Proton Transfer Reaction) with a Dionex U3000 RSLC system.
- Waters Xevo TQ-S triple quadruople – Targeted quantitation of proteins and small molecules complete with nano-Acquity 2D-UPLC and Trizac source.
- Thermo LTQ Orbitrap XL – Ultra-high resolution LC-MS complete with Dionex comprehensive cap-LC system, for advanced proteomics including bottom-up proteomics, post-translational modifications, relative quantitation, targeted quantitation and intact protein characterization.
- Thermo Linear Quadrupole (LTQ) Ion Trap MSn instrument – Tandem mass spectrometric analysis with many stages of CID MS analysis of liquid samples introduced by a Dionex U3000 Nano-LC or infusion for high throughput proteomics.
- Waters QTOF Premier – With electrospray, nanospray, APCI and APPI for accurate mass MS and MSMS analysis of liquid samples introduced by infusion or liquid chromatography from a Dionex U3000, LC.
- Ettan Proteomic Workstation and Typhoon Imager – automated high-throughput sample handling and 1D and 2D SDS-PAGE analysis and differential image electrophoresis (DIGE).
- GE Pharmacia AKTA FPLC Purifier 10 – Rapid purification of proteins at low to medium pressures with high performance purification and characterization. AKTA is a high end liquid chromatography system designed for fast and reliable separations of peptides and nucleic acids from µg to mg scale at flow rates 0.001 ml/min to 10 ml/min and pressures up to 25 MPa.
- Agilent 3100 OFFGEL Fractionator – pI based fractionation of proteins and peptides with liquid phase recovery.
- Matrix Science Mascot Server – A powerful search engine for mass spectrometry data to identify proteins and peptide modifications.
- Proteome Software Scaffold 3.0 – To visualize complex proteomic data and to calculate spectral counting for label free experiments.
- Bruker Protein Scape – A bioinformatics platform to process and organize a related data for a large proteomic project. Integrates LC-data, gel data, mass spectrometry data, search results and quantification results.