Materials Research Facilities
As part of its mission The Ohio State University’s Institute for Materials Research coordinates and strengthens the activities of major campus materials-related instrumentation centers, laboratories, and facilities.
IMR currently supports technical staff in four research facilities on The Ohio State University’s Columbus campus:
The IMR also provides a free passenger shuttle service every weekday to transport researchers between OSU’s main campus and key research facilities on West Campus.
Our website also provides summary pages of all major materials-related instrumentation centers, facilities, and laboratories on campus. All of these facilities are available to researchers within the OSU materials community and to external users. For more information on those facilities, click the links on this page, visit their individual websites or contact their Lab Manager.
- Analytical Spectroscopy Laboratory
- Campus Microscopy and Imaging Facility (CMIF)
- Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis (CEMAS)
- Electronic Materials and Nanostructures Laboratory (EMNLAB)
- NanoSystems Laboratory (NSL)
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility
- Microelectronics Laboratory
- Nanoprobe Laboratory for Bio- & Nanotechnology and Biomimetics (NLBB)
- Nanotech West Laboratory
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Laboratory (Chemistry)
- Oxide MBE Laboratory
- Surface Analysis Facility
- Trace Element Research Laboratory (TERL)
- X-ray Crystallography Laboratory