Join us tonight, Thursday, May 12 from 5:00 – 7:00 PM in the Blackwell Ballroom and patio for our second Student Poster Session and reception.
Friday morning will host our last two focus sessions on Simulation and Data Analytics and Nanotechnology in Medicine. And don’t miss the closing reception tomorrow at 11:30 AM with our annual student poster awards.
Full technical program is available online here.
Below are some photos of our successful Student Poster Session from Wednesday night:
Passengers of IMR’s shuttle service will be pleased to learn we have a new vehicle to transport them between main campus and West Campus research facilities. The new Ford Transit 12-passenger van is a much-needed replacement of our original, 10-year-old shuttle van and it offers a very comfortable, climate-controlled ride.
IMR’s free weekday shuttle service transports passengers between main campus and key research facilities on West Campus – 10 times daily!
Our free weekday service operates ten times a day between 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM with stops at three West Campus facilities on Kinnear Road: the Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis (CEMAS), Nanotech West Laboratory, and the Center for Automotive Research – and returns passengers to main campus at the end of each loop.
For full information about IMR’s shuttle service, including a route map, click here.
Congratulations to the ten Best Student Poster Award winners, each of whom received a plaque and Amazon gift cards in recognition of their excellent work.
For a recap of 2014 OSU Materials Week and photos of the conference, click here.
Pictured: Zihao Yang, Maxx Arguilla, Cindy Barrera, Danny Liu, Christine Jackson
2014 OSU Materials Week – Best Student Poster Award Winners
- Maxx Arguilla, Band Gap Tuning of Tin-Alloyed Germanane; Advisor: Joshua Goldberger, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Cindy Barrera, Effect of Bio-based Fillers on Hevea and Guayule Natural Rubber Mechanical Properties; Advisor: Katrina Cornish, Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Christine Jackson, Interface Trap Characterization of ALD Dielectrics/GaN MIS Capacitors; Advisor: Steven Ringel, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jacob Jensen, Characterization of a High Strength, Refractory High Entropy Alloy AlMo0.5NbTa0.5TiZr; Advisor: Hamish Fraser, Materials Science and Engineering
- Danny Liu, In Situ Quantification and Visualization of Lithium Transport with Neutrons; Advisor: Anne Co, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Kaushik Rangharajan, Antibody-Cell Binding in an Automated Cell to Biomolecule Analysis System; Advisors: Shaurya Prakash and Terry Conlisk, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Nicolas Scozzaro and Jeremy Cardellino, The Effect of Spin Transport on Spin Lifetime in Nanoscale Systems; Advisor: Chris Hammel, Physics
- Rachel Whitman, DNA Interactions of Bimetallic Ruthenium Complexes Containing Tridentate Ligands with Extended Systems; Advisor: Claudia Turro, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Kurtis Wickey, Thin Film Nanocalorimetry Using FIB Patterned Commercial SiN Membranes; Advisor: Ezekiel Johnston-Halperin, Physics
- Zihao Yang, Evidence for a Charge Accumulation Layer at the Platinum to Yttrium Iron Garnet Interface; Advisor: Roberto Myers, Electrical and Computer Engineering
The OSU Institute for Materials Research (IMR) offers a free weekday passenger shuttle 10 times a day between main campus and West Campus research facilities.
We are committed to continuing regular service to our passengers as much as possible during this winter break, and are providing the shuttle schedule below:
- Monday, December 17 – Friday, December 21: Regular shuttle hours
- Monday, December 24 – Wednesday, December 26: No shuttle service
- Thursday, December 27 – Friday, December 28: Regular shuttle hours
- Monday, December 31: Shuttle route operating at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, and 12:30 loops; no afternoon shuttle service after 12:30 PM shuttle loop
- Tuesday, January 1: No shuttle service
- Wednesday, January 2 – Friday, January 4: Regular shuttle hours
For more information about our shuttle service, including a map of our route and departure times, visit: http://imr.osu.edu/resources/imr-shuttle/
If you have any questions or concerns about the IMR Shuttle Service, please contact IMR’s administrative staff: Angie Dockery (firstname.lastname@example.org, 247-4670) or Layla Mangananaro (email@example.com, 247-4685)