PR coordinator joins IMR team

Hello to everybody out there living in a materials world.

My name is Mike Huson and I am the new PR Coordinator at the Institute for Materials Research (IMR).

It is my job to show that all of us, actually, are living in a materials world. And I look forward to illustrating the important roles materials play in our lives, showing off the research of materials constantly evolving and advancing those roles, while connecting those advancements of collaborative innovation with our Materials and Manufacturing for Sustainability initiative and articulated foci within the Discovery Themes at The Ohio State University.

If you are not yet familiar with us, IMR is an interdisciplinary institute working across colleges and departments at Ohio State to facilitate, promote and coordinate research and infrastructure related to the science and engineering of materials.

I will make sure IMR is offering those within and outside the Ohio State community the latest materials research news, faculty and student profiles, plus event previews and summaries. Soon, we will circulate newsletters and kick out a steady stream of stories, photos and videos on our site,, and through our social media channels.

Connect with us and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.

I spent more than a year and a half at the Columbus Dispatch, covering a diverse range of breaking news and events in central Ohio, as a reporting intern on the metro desk. I also served two editor positions at our university’s student newspaper, The Lantern. I studied journalism and geography at Ohio State, and earned an associate degree in communication studies from Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio.

Flag me down and say, “Hey,” if you see me walking around Scott Laboratory or the Nanotech West Lab. I’m eager to meet new people from across the many disciplines making materials research possible, here, at Ohio State.

And please don’t hesitate to reach out with your story ideas: