Three of the six Ohio State faculty members recognized with a 2017 Distinguished Scholar Award are members of the IMR materials community. Congratulations to Len Brillson (Electrical and Computer Engineering), Bill Marras (Integrated Systems Engineering), and Claudia Turro (Chemistry and Biochemistry) on this honor.
POSTED: APRIL 4, 2017
The Distinguished Scholar Award, established in 1978, recognizes exceptional scholarly accomplishments by senior professors who have compiled a substantial body of research, as well as younger faculty members who have demonstrated great scholarly potential. The 2017 honorees are:
- Leonard J. Brillson, professor and Center for Materials Research Scholar, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, and Department of Physics, College of Arts and Sciences
- Laura M. Justice, Education and Human Ecology Distinguished Professor, Department of Educational Studies, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Michael V. Knopp, The Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation Chair for Clinical Research, Department of Radiology, College of Medicine
- William S. Marras, The Honda Chair in Transportation, Professor in Integrated Systems Engineering, Department of Integrated Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
- Marc H. Pinsonneault, professor, Department of Astronomy, College of Arts and Sciences
- Claudia Turro, Dow Professorship in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, College of Arts and Sciences
Recipients are nominated by their departments and chosen by a committee of senior faculty, including past award recipients. Distinguished Scholars receive an honorarium and a research grant to be used over the next three years. The award is supported by the Office of Research.